Like everything else at Walt Disney World, dining will cost you a pretty penny that will quickly add up particularly if you are visiting with the family. From the cheapest menu options like the Corn Dog Nuggets Meal for $9.99 at Casey’s Corner in Disney’s Magic Kingdom to extraordinary feasts at the exclusive Victoria & Albert’s at $235 per person, be prepared to shell out a good chunk of change to cover the food bill!
If you are staying with Westgate Resorts, stave off the expense and cook your own meal in our fully equipped kitchen or kitchenette. You will have the opportunity to prepare your food based on your preference in the privacy of your own room and save money to splurge at the parks! There are also tons of grocery stores nearby which will allow you to stock up on food essentials. Keep reading for the 8 closet grocery stores near Disney World that’ll keep your kitchenette cookin’!
1. Gooding’s Supermarket: Ideally located in the Crossroads of Lake Buena Vista, Gooding’s is just 2.5 miles from the massive Disney Springs entertainment, dining and attractions complex – making it the closest grocery store to Walt Disney World Resort. Billed as “Orlando’s Hometown Supermarket,” Gooding’s features an award-winning bakery, fresh sushi and seafood, a well-stocked deli, a variety of quality produce and homecooked meals to go. Hours at the Gooding’s Supermarket are daily from 7 AM to 2 AM. Gooding’s Supermarket used to be part of a chain established in 1964 in Maitland that once featured 18 stores in the Central Florida area, but the Crossroads location is the last surviving grocery store of that name. In addition to Gooding’s, the Crossroads of Lake Buena Vista is home to a variety of immensely popular restaurants, including Red Lobster, Noodles and Company, Johnnie’s Hideaway, Sweet Tomatoes, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, Buffalo Wild Wings and Uno Pizzeria & Grill, among others. By the way, if you plan on visiting Gooding’s, hurry! The entire Crossroads of Lake Buena Vista “property will be taken for the multibillion-dollar rebuild of Interstate 4 sometime around August 2021, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
2. Winn-Dixie: Just a little over 3 miles from Disney Springs down Apopka Vineland Road lies this perennial favorite that draws plenty of shoppers who are Walt Disney World Resort theme parkgoers on a quest to lighten their food bill while on vacation in Orlando. Featuring a deli, bakery and kosher section, Winn-Dixie also offers its own discounted brands such as SE Grocers Essentials, SE Grocers, SE Grocers Naturally Better, SE Grocers Prestige, Chek (soda brand), TopCare (health and beauty), Whiskers & Tails (pet food and supplies) and Kuddles (baby food, diapers, etc.). Winn-Dixie is open daily from 7 AM to 9 PM. Founded in 1925 and currently one of the Southeast’s largest supermarket chains, Winn-Dixie grocery stores are located throughout Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi.
3. Publix: One of 831 Publix supermarkets located throughout Florida, the Public at Regency Village Shopping Center lies just 5.5 miles from Walt Disney World Resort via Palm Parkway along Vineland Avenue (just off world-famous International Drive and its multitude of attractions, restaurants and shopping opportunities). It features the following departments: bakery, deli, produce, seafood, meat and cheeses, and floral. In addition, Publix shoppers enjoy in-store pickup, an extensive selection of beers and wines, sushi, grocery delivery and curbside pickup. Founded in Winter Haven by George W. Jenkins in 1930, Publix has evolved into the world’s largest employee-owned company. The Publix at Regency Village Shopping Center is open daily between 7 AM and 8 PM.
4. Walmart Supercenter: You can find just about anything for your Walt Disney World Resort vacation at the massive Walmart Supercenter, which is located just off Highway 192 (AKA Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway) in Kissimmee and less than 8 miles from Disney Springs. This so-called “hypermarket” features the benefits of both a full-service supermarket (including meat and poultry, deli, baked goods, frozen foods, produce, dairy products and fresh seafood) and a huge department store in one place. The premises also include an auto care center, pharmacy and vision center. The Walmart Supercenter is open daily from 6 AM to 11 PM.
5. ALDI: Part of the burgeoning ALDI chain, which is based in Germany and now numbers more than 1.900 stores in 36 states and approximately 10,000 stores in 20 countries throughout the world, this budget grocery store in Kissimmee can be found off Highway 192 and less than 7 miles from Walt Disney World Resort. Aldi is known for its own line of products, super low prices, cart rental system involving a small refundable deposit and “no frills” décor. It is open daily from 9 AM to 9 PM.
6. Whole Foods Market: Conveniently located along Turkey Lake Road between Walt Disney World Resort (just 8 miles or so from Disney World) and Universal Orlando Resort, Whole Foods Market is an “eco-friendly” supermarket chain owned by Amazon (Prime members get discounts) that bills itself as “America’s Healthiest Grocery Store.” This Whole Foods Market location is open daily from 8 AM to 10 PM. Highlights include freshly baked breads, butcher’s cut room, mochi bar, a “world-class” beer and wine selection, squeeze-your-own orange juice machine, custom cakes and floral arrangements, gift baskets, café seating and grocery delivery. Whole Foods Market lies within bustling Phillips Crossing, which is also home to Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza, Seito Sushi and Golf Galaxy, among others.
7. Super Target: Just like the Walmart Supercenter (No. 4), Super Target is a combination grocery store/department store located in Kissimmee just 7 miles from Disney World that can serve as a veritable shopping paradise for families that want to save bundles on their Disney vacation getaway. The premises include a CVS pharmacy and Starbucks. It is open daily from 8 AM to 11:59 PM. By the way, the first Target store opened in Roseville, Minnesota, in 1962, and today there are a total of 1,868 Target stores throughout the United States.
8. Wawa: Open 24 hours, Wawa is a combination gas station, convenience store, food market and coffee shop. Ideally located just 2 miles from Disney Springs off Apopka Vineland Road, Wawa is a great place to start your morning with a steaming hot cup of joe and some breakfast snacks before hitting the Disney World theme parks. Wawa also offers freshly made hoagies and sandwiches, salads and bowls, soups and sides, ice cream, energy drinks, milk, beer and more. The original Wawa food market opened in Folsom, Pennsylvania, in 1964, and today there are more than 750 locations operating in Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. By the way, the name “Wawa” is derived from “a Native American word for the Canada Goose that was found in the Delaware Valley over 100 years ago,” according to the official Wawa website. The Canada Goose also appears on the official Wawa logo.
Stretch Your Food Budget at Disney World So You’ll Have More Towards Your Vacation Fun
By taking advantage of the easily accessible grocery stores that lie within minutes of Walt Disney World Resort, you can enjoy some quality family time enjoying some of your meals in the comfort of your spacious villa. And, with the incredible savings you will accrue by eating out less, you can spend more time experiencing some fun things to do in Kissimmee at night, the best International Drive Orlando attractions and the thrilling new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, among other exhilarating vacation pursuits. Don’t forget to plan ahead and find out how much a Disney vacation really costs well before you hit Central Florida. Have a great trip!