Planning a date night? The City Beautiful has a plethora of fun, relaxing and romantic places where couples in love can make amazing memories. From romantic boat tours, intimate dinners, adventurous night outs, live performances, couples’ spa services to overnight stays, there’s something for couples dating, engaged, married or even complicated. Keep reading as we break it all down with our list of 10 romantic places in Orlando.
1. Sunset Kayaking in Winter Park. What’s more romantic than cozying up with your special someone to watch the dramatic colors of sunset burst across the sky as the sun dips and creates the perfect silhouette below? Try pairing this amorous setting with gentle paddling on a tranquil lake. If you and your sweetheart like sunsets and the outdoors, chances are you will enjoy a romantic kayak tour complete with tour guide. The Get Up and Go Kayaking company offers a fleet of clear tandem kayaks and a guide who will take you on a 2-hour daytime, sunset or Glow-in-the-Dark tour through scenic Venetian-style canals that link Winter Park Chain of Lakes, Lake Virginia, Lake Maitland and Lake Osceola for an enchanting experience. Along the way, you will see birds, fishes and wildlife as well as extravagant homes that line the lake.
2. Harry P. Leu Gardens. Spend quality time together and stroll the romantic garden surrounded by the beauty and music of nature. This botanical oasis spans 50 acres that house more than 15,000 plants, including azaleas, vines, bromeliads, elms, Florida’s largest formal rose garden, the third largest camellias collection in the United States and 200-year old oak trees. You’ll also find many exotic and tropical plants with a thousand shades of green and seasonal bursts of colors expertly arranged in a perfectly landscaped lake setting. As you walk through the meandering trails with majestic trees overhanging the path to create perfectly shaded forests, you will also spot birds, butterflies and other native insects. If you are a nature lover, you will truly appreciate this date. Be sure to bring a picnic basket and a bottle of wine, and have a good time in this romantic paradise.
3. Pirates Dinner Adventure. There are times when nothing will bring a couple closer together than having a good laugh. Pirates Dinner Adventure is the perfect blend of excitement, music, humor, acrobatics, dance, and dinner rolled into one for the perfect date night. Watch the romantic drama unfold before your eyes as the villain, Captain Sebastian leads a crusade against our heroes, Benjamin Blue and the lovely Princess Anita, along the “high seas” on the 18th century galleon amid daring stunts, spectacular lighting and special effects. Each show comes with a three-course menu that can be ordered ahead and is served during the show so you can eat without skipping a beat.
4. Dinner at Victoria & Albert’s. If you are willing to spend some cash, dine in style at this award-winning high-end Disney restaurant. Here fine dining is taken to the next level with modern American cuisine made from authentic ingredients sourced from all over the world. Each dish is expertly created by culinary geniuses who apply imagination and creativity to inspire vivid colors, textures, exciting flavors and delicious aromas that tantalize the senses. Your meal may also be paired with exquisite wines recommended by professional wine connoisseurs. You know you’re about to experience something special when the menu is created from scratch each day to ensure that only the freshest ingredients are served with each bite. (Orlando, FL)
Tip: See also the best restaurants on International Drive to try.
5. The Wheel at ICON Park ™ Take your romance to the sky and enjoy spectacular views from this 400-foot observation wheel. Each climate-controlled capsule soars the Orlando skyline for about 22 minutes, so you have enough time to take in the breathtaking sights. Whether you enjoy Orlando’s landmarks and beauty in the daytime or stunning views of the Orlando night scene when the sun goes down, either provides a unique and memorable experience. To make the most of your romantic rendezvous, choose the Fly and Dine package which includes a flight followed by a meal at select restaurants, or the champagne package with the sparkling bubbly that you can enjoy during your flight.
6. Disney’s Boardwalk. Take a picture-perfect stroll with your one and only along the water’s edge at Disney’s Boardwalk. The romantic lake setting is less crowded than other Disney establishments and offers a refreshing charm with delightful dining, unique shops, live music, entertainment and a myriad of options for the perfect date. Enjoy a peaceful boat ride along the lake as a romantic thing to do or means of getting from the Coney Island-style promenade to other Disney locations. Enjoy a drink at Boardwalk Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas, sit down for a nice meal at Flying Fish or a quick bite at ESPN Club. Feed each other dessert from Funnel Cake Cart or Ample Hills Creamery – there are plenty of options to satisfy your palate.
Tip: If you don’t mind the crowd, hop over to Disney Springs or any of the Walt Disney World parks for even more dining and entertainment options.
7. Serenity Spa by Westgate. Just imagine a side-by-side couple’s massage or something more interactive where you play a role in pampering your partner. The full-service spa offers an excellent menu of spa treatments, body wraps, salon services, fitness facility and so much more with packages also dedicated to couples. The Couples’ Day Away package allows couples to participate in each partner’s treatment. For instance, while one partner is enjoying a facial, the other may provide a foot massage then the roles may switch with the other receiving the Mud Cocoon painted on by the reciprocating partner. The date may end with a couple massage with a light lunch provided.
8. Mount Dora. This is one of the most romantic towns in Central Florida. Its quaint shops, boutiques, antique stores and cozy-town-feel create an intimacy and unmistakable charm. No matter when you visit, whether during one of its many events like the annual Arts and Crafts Festival or Seafood Festival or you go on a regular day, there is an unmistakable impression you get from this unique town. The streets are lined with a plethora of restaurants offering French, Italian, American and Mexican, you name it, there’s cuisine that matches it! If you don’t want a meal and prefer something more causal, stop by the Village Coffee Pot, Mount Dora Confectionary or Monster Dough for savory delights.
Besides the food, there are also amazing sights to enjoy. Be sure to stop by Palm Island Boardwalk. Whether strolling or riding by Segway, the Palm Island Boardwalk over the water’s edge is top among the list of romantic things to do. Here you get to experience the tranquility of nature and enjoy wildlife and plants up close. Watching the sunset on Lake Dora is another romantic thing to do. And the vantage points are amazing! Take in the scene from a sunset flightseeing tour with Jones Bros. Seaplane Adventures where every takeoff and landing provide a dramatic aerial view of Mount Dora’s perfect sunsets. Premier Boat Tours is another option that offers 45-minute expeditions complete with a narrated tour of Lake Dora, Lake Beauclair and the small canals that join them. Here you will see bald eagles, herons, alligators and other wildlife while enjoying the sunset over the lake. If dinner and a train ride are more in line with your idea of a romantic time, the Royal Palm Railway Experience also provides a one-of-a-kind adventure aboard a vintage steam locomotion. For a fuller experience, take The Royal Palm Supper Excursion which comes with a menu of home-cooked meals.
9. Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. Nothing says I Love You more than a box of chocolates, so it’s no surprise that this creamy deliciousness is synonymous with Valentine’s Day. The full-service restaurant, bar and sweet shop serves one-of-a-kind desserts that make your taste buds want more. With gourmet chocolates, delicious milkshakes and amazing sundaes, Toothsome Chocolate Emporium is a dessert lover’s paradise and wonderful venue for the perfect date.
10. Westgate Resorts. Enjoy a romantic overnight stay at any Westgate property in Orlando. All are close to the theme parks, Orlando’s action and hidden gems. Choose Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa and Westgate Palace Resort in Orlando, or Westgate Vacation Villas, Westgate Town Center and Westgate Towers in the Kissimmee area and enjoy quality time with the one you love.
Romantic Things to do:
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. Couple’s spa date at Serenity Spa by Westgate | Watch the sunset over the lake at Sunset Key Island | Heated outdoor pool | Spa Tubs | Fitness Center | Boat Rentals
Westgate Vacation Villas. Swan Boat Rides | 14 Heated Pools | Hot Tubs | Mini Golf | Boat Rentals | Movie Theater | Shipwreck Island Water Park | Dining at Drafts Sports Bar & Grill | Room Service
Westgate Palace Resort. Oasis Pool | Hot Tub | Drafts Pool Bar | Movie Theater | Romantic Lake Setting
Celebrating a special occasion? Call ahead and the staff at select resorts will decorate your room to make the day even more special. Check out the 8 best hotels in Orlando if you want to bring the family along.
Discover even more romantic places in our guide for attractions on International Drive, daytrips in Florida , romantic getaways in Florida and other exciting articles featured on. Whatever you choose, have fun and keep the love alive.